Are there any special post-treatment instructions?
When you begin your treatment programme you will need to follow these guidelines:
- Do not bleach, use depilatory creams, wax, thread or pluck your hair between treatments. Shaving is recommended
- Avoid exposing the treated area to the sun and always use a sunscreen of SPF30 or higher.
- After the final treatment you will need to carry on avoiding the sun and use a sunscreen of SPF30 or higher for 4 weeks
- If you experience a warm feeling after treatment, you can apply a cooling cream or gel such as aloe vera to soothe your skin.
Side effects should be minimal, but you may experience:
- Redness, which usually fades within 24 hours.
- A warm sensation, which usually disappears after a few hours.
- Swelling around the hair follicles, which will return to normal within a few hours.
If you have any concerns or questions following a treatment session, please contact Complete Lasercare. The nurses at Complete Lasercare are very experienced and always happy to give advice and reassurance when needed.
If you want to book a session for laser hair removal in London, please contact us today on 020 7493 0373
This article was written by Jane Keena of Complete LaserCare.
Jane qualified as a registered nurse in 1986 at Queen Alexandra Hospital Portsmouth and worked as a senior nurse in the NHS until 2001.
She left to pursue a career in laser hair removal, initially working for Boots the Chemist where she was appointed laser protection supervisor and gained a BTEC award in Laser and Intense Light Hair removal in March 2001.