Is Laser Hair Removal
Suitable For Me?
Most people, male and female can benefit
from laser hair removal. The best results are
seen on people with dark hair and fair skin.
At your consultation, the nurse will do a patch
test to check your suitability. If you have
higher levels of pigmentation in your skin,
extra care will be needed. Female patients
with hirsutism may be treated but the
underlying cause may mean regular treatments
are necessary. You will not be suitable for treatment if:
- You have fair, blonde, grey or white hair.
- You are under 18 years old.
- You are pregnant (can commence 3 months post delivery). If you are planning a child, you can start treatment but must be aware treatment will have to be postponed when pregnant.
- You have a suntan on the area to be treated or have used a sunbed recently, or have used a fake tan in the last 2 weeks.
- You have had an epileptic seizure in the last 2 years.
There may be some other medical conditions that mean you cannot be treated. The nurse will discuss these with you at consultation.
Please see our laser hair removal price list.