Most people, male and female, can benefit from laser hair removal. The best results are seen on people with dark hair and fair skin. At your free consultation, your laser care nurse will do a patch test to check your suitability. If you have higher levels of pigmentation in your skin, extra care will be needed. Female clients, with hirsutism may be treated but the underlying cause may mean regular treatments are necessary.
You will not be suitable for treatment if:
- You have fair, blonde, grey or white hair
- You are under 18 years old
- You are pregnant (can commence 3 months post delivery)
- If you are planning a child, you can start treatment but must be aware treatment will have to be postponed when pregnant
- You have a suntan on the area to be treated or have used a sunbed recently, or have used a fake tan in the last 2 weeks
- You have had an epileptic seizure in the last 2 years
There may be some other medical conditions that mean you cannot be treated. The laser care nurse will discuss these with you during your free consultation.
To arrange your free consultation with one of our laser care nurses, or for more information, please contact us here.